firstname.lastname@example.org · www.rpgove.com
Distinguished Data Visualization Scientist - Two Six Technologies: Dec 2013 - Present
- Performed as PI and technical lead on several programs. Set direction for technical R&D efforts, managed project schedule, performed customer briefings, and created progress reports.
- Performed requirements gathering with end users to determine user interface specifications.
- Designed scalable visualization techniques for analyzing large graph datasets, comparing malware features, identifying changes in security policies, and explaining machine learning algorithms.
- Combined machine learning and statistical algorithms with visualization to provide force multiplier tools for analysts.
- Designed and evaluated novel visualization algorithms that dramatically improved runtime performance over current state-of-the-art algorithms.
- Implemented visual analytic tools in HTML/CSS, D3, Svelte, AngularJS, Python, MongoDB, and Docker.
- Designed and conducted evaluations to evaluate efficacy of user interfaces and visualizations.
- Published papers and presentations at conferences such as EuroVis, VizSec, and Black Hat.
Analytic Tool Developer - Booz Allen Hamilton: June 2011 - Dec 2013
- Designed and implemented novel data visualizations of uncertain project schedules using Flex. Wrote research report and presented results at IEEE VIS.
- Led teams of developers to design, prototype, implement, test, and deploy tools to government clients to analyze communication networks, aircrew readiness, and emergency planning.
- Received five awards for producing exceptional project deliverables and presentations.
University of Maryland, College Park: May 2011
M.S. in Computer Science, Information Visualization concentration
Thesis: Usability evaluation of Action Science Explorer. Advisor: Dr. Ben Shneiderman.
University of North Carolina at Greensboro: May 2009
B.S. in Computer Science and Applied Math (double major); Spanish Minor
Disciplinary honors thesis: "Evolutionary Computation: Optimizing Resource Allocation in A. lyrata"
Software: Git, Rollup, Docker, Sketch
Frameworks: D3, Svelte, React, AngularJS, NodeJS, Express, Tornado
Honors and Awards
Best Paper Awards (VizSec 2021, VDA 2020, IV 2019, FMT 2018)
Best Poster Award (VizSec 2020)
- Dynamic updates to force-approximation models—USPTO #11087048
- Fast, human interpretable graph comparison features—USPTO #US10657686
- Linear-time graph embedding algorithm—USPTO #US10565749
- VizSec: Steering Committee 2019 - present, General Chair 2019, Sponsorship Chair 2017 & 2018, Program Committee 2015 - present
- Conference reviewer: InfoVis (2016, 2019, 2020), VAST (2016, 2017, 2019, 2020), EuroVis (2016, 2018, 2019)